Nov 14, 2010

Sunday Night Activities

We tried very hard to come up with wholesome activities appropriate for Sunday, so here is what we did today after church:

I alphabetized our movies based on the year... yeah so I got a bit bored with the way it was before, straight alphabetically, so now when I feel like watching an 80s movie, I can see them right away! yeah! that's why they call me a professional! ;) I say "I" because Jeff watched "Yes Man" while I organized.

We made taco soup for dinner and homemade tortilla chips (take tortillas and bake them for 10 min or so)... yummy.

We made tender sugar sugar (no I did not stutter, I accidentally added 1/4c too much sugar to the mix, that cup was supposed to go over the cookies when ready to bake, needless to say, we did not add more sugar to the tops of the cookies) cookies from scratch. And even had an arts and crafts session, funny because Jeff is so NOT into "arts and crafts" and got frustrated with the project maybe 1/2 min into it. We made cookie cutters out of card stock, yes they are pretty sketchy with architectural tape holding them together. I made a Christmas tree and Jeff made a Heart.  Then we had a race to see who could make an "X" first, he quit and mine came out not quite an X but more like a pitch fork or a Y with an extra V.  (However Jeff thinks it looks more like Jesus or a witch)

At least the cookies came out yummy regardless of what they looked like. he he he

Then we went to Tithing Settlement, yeah we are current and full tithe payers, our bishop was a bit under the weather, his voice was all raspy and we could barely understand what he was saying, and hoping that the less we would say the less he would say so it wouldn't hurt his throat... awkward to say the least, plus I feel awkward anyway when people give me advice that seems like common sense and I have no response for... like, "the baby is going to change your life, for good, so make sure you keep loving each other. I just want you to know that I love my wife." Um, duh! Of course, I was planning on it! 

I found a game on Jeff's iphone, not meaning to, I was trying to find the dot game for two players- you know the one where you take turns drawing lines to make boxes and whoever has the most boxes at the end wins, well, I was in the process of clicking on it when Jeff sees this other game called, "Who Threw Poo" (and of course he clicked on it and started playing as soon as it finished downloading) it is a lot like "Angry Birds" but instead of birds it is poop and you're throwing poop at your neighbors, the fun thing about it is the pooh sticks to your neighbor (that is if you hit them) and it makes Jeff giggle like a little school girl! my favorite!

No comments:

I'm thinking of starting a blog. A real one. One that makes money. I'm still a stay-at-home mom, but instead of one kid I have 4 now...