Sep 8, 2012

life in the Mason Home...

Well, recently, within the last few weeks, I got stitches... again.  Only this time it was on my right index finger.  And here's the story on how I got it.  Grandma was wrapping gifts to give to her employees on her birthday, the scissors were out, and Mason got a hold of them (he is so quick!). He had them in both hands by the handle, and he's making cutting motions.  I don't even think about it, and I try to grab them out of his hands before he cuts himself or worse.  Instead, he yanks them upward in a cutting motion, and my hand gets stuck between the blade. One swift motion and I'm bleeding all over the place! I rush to the kitchen and quickly run my bleeding finger under the water...OUCH! I would say that I was really calm, it was my mom, on the other hand, that was freaking out! And honestly, Mason was not being very helpful... he's under grandma's feet trying to grab the first aid kit off the counter, while she's trying to get it open. Once she gets it open, he's right there tearing all the contents out of the container... I grab him by the arm and sternly push him out of the way and tell him, "No Mason. Grandma is helping, not you!"  granted he is only 18mo, but he just stood "out of the way" and slowly his face went from shocked to sad, lower lip quivering and tears running down his cheeks.  I felt so bad... among all the chaos, I open up my arms for him and he comes running into them.  We both fall to the floor, him on my lap... hugging.  I told him, "it's OK sweetie, Mommy is hurt and Grandma is fixing me up. You sit here and watch, no hands."  and after that he was VERY good. And after that, I was very good too... I went to Dr. Cottrell and got 6 stitches.

A few weeks later... now my finger is pretty much healed, there's entire spot where the scar is, but just right around it where the skin is peeling back... I can't explain it very well... so here's a picture.

Let's see, what other fun things have we done... Monday, Labor Day, Grandma, Grandpa, Jeff, Mason, and I went up to Reno (40min North) to go do the Ultimate Rush Tower... only Grandma, Jeff, and I went.  My dad is extremely fearful of heights, so he watched Mason, on the ground.  It was like free falling 180 feet and then being flying upward 160 feet, back and forth like a swing, but lying down in superman position! It was soooo much fun! scary but so thrilling!  We went twice. The first time was $25/person then right afterwards it was only $10/person. SWEET!
After we did the Swing, we rode go-carts. Dad, Jeff, and I.  Even though I was first for most of the way, at the very last second a girl slipped in front of me and her boyfriend was rear ending me and passing me enough to see my face and then slipping back behind me to laugh.  It was really rude... It doesn't bother me that she got first place, but it bothers me how she and her boyfriend went about doing it.  Afterwards, after we drove our cars to park, she jumps out runs over to her bf, gives him a high-five, and then shoots me a dirty look, then smiles and laughs... Maybe they weren't talking about me... but they didn't make it seem that way! stupid people. I tried not to let that experience ruin the fun that I did have up until that point. I just couldn't keep up to her after she passed me, my engine kept flooding! excuses? perhaps, but it makes me feel better!
Then as a family we went to "King Buffet" and Chinese/Japanese buffet... I had an endless supply of really good sushi... light and filling.  About $40 worth but got it for $10.  YES!
Mason wasn't the best, but he wasn't the worst either.  He was loud, not eating very well, and most of it landed on the floor anyway! He was entertaining though... Jeff got him a baby squid to try and surprisingly he ate half of it (a tentacle or two) and then spit it out! I wouldn't even look at it!

Mason is the party of our life! right now he is into everything! and I mean everything... he is tall enough to grab things out of drawers and stuff off the counter tops, he's even figured out a way to climb up onto the counter... he opens the drawers and then steps on them like stairs. We definitely need to better child-proof the house.

He LOVES to Hop... and he hops everywhere and on everything: his high chairs, the chairs (booster seat) couches, play yard, stairs, getting in and out of the car... everything. 

He gets so excited when he sees Grandma and Grandpa (my parents)... especially Grandma, he sees her and he screams like a little girl and hops in place and runs to her! now if only he'd do that for Daddy and Me.  Sometimes he'll do that for the rest of us, but not like Grandma! they've got a special bond.

My parents have told me that it will be a SAD day when we no longer live in the same house as them... sad because it's been so wonderful, and yet it will be happy too because we're "moving forward"... I wonder how it will affect Mason when we do move?

Some other fun things that I've been up to... I've started my Interior Design Consulting Business.  My first client is/was my parents. They bought a home out in Gardnerville a few months ago.  It had been rented out to tenants... and boy it was disastrous... they had pets... to say the least we had to replace everything.  Originally my parents were going to turn it into another rental, but then they decided to turn it into a Vacation Home Rental... so if anyone is interested in coming to Northern Nevada for a vacation, we have a home rental for you! Plus, I got to design everything! choose all the colors, textures, patterns, furnishings, everything! It is a Contemporary Home with Contemporary and in some rooms Victorian Contemporary Style.

Also, I helped my friend Becki make a headboard for her bedroom.  We made it from a door, put foam and fabric on it.  It is gold, matches her bedspread.  Next we'll have to get new (or new to her) furniture- dressers, night stands, mirror.  And then find some other decor pieces for her room, as well as her living room! we just barely rearranged the furniture... and that made a huge improvement, now the seating allows the fireplace to join the room.

Lots more happening and soon to come...

Thursday Sept 20 @ 7pm I am hosting a Jewelry Party for Premiere Designs, anyone who is interested in coming or would like to browse the catalog to buy something (before the 20th) leave me a comment, and we'll see what we can do.    Thanks.

Also, I'm curious to see just who reads this blog????




2 comments:

Kara said...

Stitches... ouch! That sounds like it was very traumatic. I wish I could hire you to decorate for me- I am so pathetic at that stuff. Mason sounds really cute. I can imagine him hopping around... I love that age. It goes by too fast!

Jim and Britanie Miller said...

I have not been good latey at reading blots or updating my own. I've been very busy and stressed lately. Also I tried to change the look of our blog and lost most of my blog list, including yours and didn't realize it. Such a mess! Anyway glad to hear you guys are doing good, other than the stitches. Mason is such a cutie! When are you gonna give him a sibling?;) You two make cute kids!

I'm thinking of starting a blog. A real one. One that makes money. I'm still a stay-at-home mom, but instead of one kid I have 4 now...