Mar 3, 2012

Relief Society and other stuff



I was in charge of all the decorations for the Relief Society Birthday Dinner, 170th anniversary.  The theme was Relief Society History and the Restoration.  I decided to take glass mirrors and put them in the center of the table with 3 glasses of varying sizes with jewelry inside and dangling off the sides of the cups.  Also inside I put colored glass gems, some glasses I only put jewelry: necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and broaches.  I also put colored gems on the glass, and I made bubble magnets with the RS Logo.  I got a lot of compliments, one of which, "I hope this is what heaven is like this!" (not exactly sure what she meant by that, but I'll take it nonetheless.) 
Other things I made, as you can see by the photos, I put bows on the backs of the chairs, to make it a little bit more elegant...  I used plastic table cloths and cut them to make them a bit smaller.  I also took an old picture frame, painted it and added foam core painted with chalkboard paint.  I put it on an easel and displayed what the menu was for the night.  I had a lot of fun being creative... 





 ..........................................................................................................................................


After the RS Dinner I came home to put Mason asleep, 9:30pm an hour late, but after he fell asleep, I went back in to make sure he had a blanket on him and this is what I found.... 


No comments:

I'm thinking of starting a blog. A real one. One that makes money. I'm still a stay-at-home mom, but instead of one kid I have 4 now...