Jun 29, 2010

Little Rock

Last Sunday, Father's Day, we celebrated by getting out of the house and going for a walk, then calling my dad on top of the world's longest bridge! We took our picture and sent it to him in a text. He appreciated it. He even commented on the heat, you could actually see just how hot it was, our faces looked like they were melting... I don't know why I chose to wear jeans that day.

Here is the three of us on top, halfway across, the world's longest bridge. The bridge crosses over the Arkansas River. It was so bloody hot this day, and so it took us a really long time to walk across even just half of the bridge.

Jeff's Birthday! Friday June 11, 2010

I woke up early that morning and posted on the wall the Happy Birthday sign I made the day before and gathered all his presents on the nightstand next to where he was sleeping. Then I went back to bed. Later that morning he got up, saw the banner and the presents. He definitely wasn't expecting anything so it was nice to see him so surprised and happy. Later that night, when he got home from work I took him out to Texas Roadhouse because we still hadn't used our office meal ticket yet, and I knew he was in the mood for red meat. I asked the waitress if they wouldn't mind embarrassing my husband with a song and dance for his birthday. He was embarrassed, but luckily there were other APX reps there that night and they all came over to congratulate him and to wish him a happy birthday. I think he had a really good birthday, I know I enjoyed myself and enjoyed embarrassing him! :) it isn't very often that I get to do that... it isn't very easy to embarrass him either.

After the waitresses had sung and danced for him. Funny cuz his expression says it all...


1 comment:

Yea said...

Come home....we need to hang out!

I'm thinking of starting a blog. A real one. One that makes money. I'm still a stay-at-home mom, but instead of one kid I have 4 now...