Jul 16, 2009

Abilene

Abilene is 4 hours north west of Round Rock and 3 hrs west of Dallas.

Jeff and I were the first ones to leave RR, we had finished all our packing that morning, I packed while he packed the car (we're getting pretty good at that:) I called the Marriott that we were to be staying at to check the address, I'm glad I did, because the address we had was wrong, it would have taken us to a Jack in the Box down a different road. We left on Sunday July 12, arrived in Abilene around 4pm, checked into the Marriott Residence Inn (nice... it's like a vacation!). It only took us two trips to get everything from our car to our hotel room, which of course was also on the third floor (I say also because in the apt. complex in round rock we were on the 3rd floor... at least we have an elevator here, but as Jeff put it, "I don't feel at home unless I take the stairs" true)


Our room basically looks like this, except we don't have a window near our bed, the floor is red, and all the stone work is a dark forest green. The kitchen comes with a stove, microwave, toaster, full refrigerator, dishwasher, and a table. All the counter tops are a dark forest green granite, the cupboards are a dark cherry, and all the appliances are stainless steel.


Why our stay here has been AWESOME:

1. there's housekeeping
2. there's cable television/HBO
3. internet in the rooms
4. there's a small, uncrowded pool and hot tub
And, I don't have to cook breakfast or dinner
(the hotel offers breakfast every morning and dinner M-F) YEAH!



Just a note, Jeff has done really well since we've been here, just before we left RR the average the office did a day was 15-20 when a normal good day is 30-45. The boys ran out of area, which is why we moved up here to Abilene in the first place, and so far it seems to have been a great move, because we've again been getting in 35-45 a day. so yeah, Jeff so far has gotten just about 1/day, and the last few days- since we've been in Abilene he has gotten in 2/day. :) yeah! I feel good when he feels good

No comments:

I'm thinking of starting a blog. A real one. One that makes money. I'm still a stay-at-home mom, but instead of one kid I have 4 now...